Ustad Nusrat fateh ali khanUstad Nusrat fateh ali khan (1,117 members)
"When I sing for God, I feel myself in accord with God, and the house of God, Mecca, is right in front of me. And I worship. When I sing for Mohammed, peace be upon him, our prophet, I feel like I am sitting right next to his tomb, Medina, and paying him respect and admitting to myself that I accept his message." - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, May 1997.Spreading through the Indian subcontinent from northern Persia in the 12th century, wandering dervishes of the Chisti order would turn up in a village, playing rousing airs on drum and flute while spinning tales and legends. Song was used to induce ecstatic states during formal devotional rituals - hence the astonishing vocal tradition known today as qawwali.Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was without question the most brilliantly gifted qawwal of our time. He made this recording in his native Pakistan shortly before his untimely death in 1997. His death has left a void in the world of music...ALLAH NE PAAS BULA HI LIYA BIN DEKHE KHUDA BHI REH NA SAKA.
"When I sing for God, I feel myself in accord with God, and the house of God, Mecca, is right in front of me. And I worship. When I sing for Mohammed, peace be upon him, our prophet, I feel like I am sitting right next to his tomb, Medina, and paying him respect and admitting to myself that I accept his message." - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, May 1997.Spreading through the Indian subcontinent from northern Persia in the 12th century, wandering dervishes of the Chisti order would turn up in a village, playing rousing airs on drum and flute while spinning tales and legends. Song was used to induce ecstatic states during formal devotional rituals - hence the astonishing vocal tradition known today as qawwali.Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was without question the most brilliantly gifted qawwal of our time. He made this recording in his native Pakistan shortly before his untimely death in 1997. His death has left a void in the world of music...ALLAH NE PAAS BULA HI LIYA BIN DEKHE KHUDA BHI REH NA SAKA. (1,117 members)
"When I sing for God, I feel myself in accord with God, and the house of God, Mecca, is right in front of me. And I worship. When I sing for Mohammed, peace be upon him, our prophet, I feel like I am sitting right next to his tomb, Medina, and paying him respect and admitting to myself that I accept his message." - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, May 1997.Spreading through the Indian subcontinent from northern Persia in the 12th century, wandering dervishes of the Chisti order would turn up in a village, playing rousing airs on drum and flute while spinning tales and legends. Song was used to induce ecstatic states during formal devotional rituals - hence the astonishing vocal tradition known today as qawwali.Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was without question the most brilliantly gifted qawwal of our time. He made this recording in his native Pakistan shortly before his untimely death in 1997. His death has left a void in the world of music...ALLAH NE PAAS BULA HI LIYA BIN DEKHE KHUDA BHI REH NA SAKA.
No comments:
Post a Comment